Immersive Outdoor Activities Scotland
Andy Chadderton…..Stalking & Bushcraft
We recently had an interesting meeting with Andy apart from being a qualified trainer for stalking, is a local variety of the well known TV Bushcraft presenters you may well have seen, he is a Bushcraft genius, Andy can offer the items below on site at Tullochwood or locally
- Fire lighting – working with sparks, bow & drill through to fire light and cook something – veniburger, cup of pine or nettle tea etc. Bannock bread.
- Simple carving – making letter opener, tent peg etc
- Shelter building
- Atlatl making and competition – basically a stoneage throwing dart. Only age restriction is physical ability to throw the thing – usually around 10-12 years plus.
- Camoflage – spot the ‘enemy’ competitions.
- A walk through the woods – brief trail with a talk about things along the way and demonstrations – eg tapping birch sap, birch bark tinder, moss uses, navigation, wildlife spotting.
- Shotgun ‘plinking/ simulated hunt’ – we have a silenced 410. Age restriction of 17 or older. Not your usual clays, but steel plates etc – making a clang on impact – but no disruptive gunfire. Shotgun makes slightly less noise than a car door shutting.
- Hammock camping – setting up hammock & tarp – knot tying etc.
Contact Andy on 07833 535 060